WHO WE ARE
- BOAF is a non-profit association of building code professionals: Building Officials, Plans Examiners, Inspectors, Permit Technicians, Design Professionals, Contractors and Building Code Science Educators.
WHAT WE DO
- Protect communities through enforcement of adopted building codes, and coordinate with other agencies and departments which review and enforce other requirements such as flood plain, impact fees for development, and zoning, among others
- Educate all facets of the construction industry regarding the use of building codes in the design and construction of the built environment
- Provide formal educational courses on specific building and code aspects open to all individuals for their own continuing education
- Provide for workforce development opportunities for those persons interested in this field
- Provide formal and informal building code interpretations for the Florida Building Commission
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- Codes work, saving lives and property everyday
- Effective Codes create safe communities
- Building code professionals protect communities every day from unsafe conditions in the built environment
- Code development must be accomplished through a consensus process that includes building code professionals and other interested parties
- Building code professionals, design professionals and contractors benefit from joint training experiences
Want to Join Us?
Do these statements sound like you? Join the BOAF here.